Villa Paulick situated at lake Attersee in Austria's Salzkammergut area has been built by Friedrich Paulick in 1877. Paulick was a wealthy cabinet maker working mainly for the Viennese imperial court. He had the villa designed in the then favoured historicist style. All the interiors in the Neoclassical style were produced in his workshop in Vienna and fitted into the house. The centrepiece was a golden panelled ceiling Friedrich Paulick had shown in the Imperial Pavilion at the world exhibition of 1873 taking place in Vienna.
Soon after its completion the house became social centre for the Viennese upper class, intellectuals and artists spending their summer month in the Salzkammergut lake area.
The Paulick family was related to the painter Gustav Klimt. Friedrichs daughter Therese was married to Hermann Flöge, brother in law of Ernst Klimt. Ernst was the Gustav Klimt, who had a lifelong companionship with Emilie Flöge, then the best known dressmaker of Vienna and closely working with the Wiener Werkstätten.
This relation brought Gustav Klimt and Emilie Flöge to spend their summers from 1900 until 1916 at Attersee, first at the Villa Paulick, later at other houses but always as frequent visitors to the Villa.
Quite a few of Gustav Klimts famous paintings of the Attersee area have been created at the landing stage of Villa Paulick.
After the death of Trude Flöge granddaughter of Friedrich Paulick, the Villa Paulick came into possession of the family Messner who to this day is trying to upkeep it in its original standard and is renting out its historic rooms during the summer month.